“Sin will always be sin. Disobedience to the Lord’s commandments will always deprive us of His blessings. The world changes constantly and dramatically, but God, His commandments, and promised blessings do not change. They are immutable and unchanging,” says Elder L. Tom Perry of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles.
As children of God, we have been given the wonderful gift of choice. The truest happiness and peace we can have comes by choosing to obey His laws, as Elder Perry teaches in his talk “Obedience to Law is Liberty,” given April 2013 in general conference.
Those laws include never murdering, stealing, or lying. But what are His other commandments? The world has forgotten them. Have you?
1. “Thou shalt have no other gods before me” (Exodus 20:3).
2. “Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image” (Exodus 20:4).
3. “Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain” (Exodus 20:7).
4. “Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy” (Exodus 20:8).
5. “Honour thy father and thy mother” (Exodus 20:12).
6. “Thou shalt not kill” (Exodus 20:13).
7. “Thou shalt not commit adultery” (Exodus 20:14).
8. “Thou shalt not steal” (Exodus 20:15).
9. “Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour” (Exodus 20:16).
10. “Thou shalt not covet” (Exodus 20:17).